"Anyone that doesn't agree with leggings as pants can physically fight me.
And I'm going to win because I have a full range of motion due to the fact that I am wearing leggings as pants."

Friday, April 29, 2011

Kittie Proof Vases

I've found another trick in the war against kitties who like to knock things over. Simply keep everything up on the wall and out of their reach.

P4285265

I used 22 gauge floral wire, two eye hooks (attached at studs) and various containers with pronounced lips on them (to loop the wire under before you twist it tightly close in the back).

One important note- the wire is one use only. I suggest that you don't go untwisting and retwisting it. I promise you. It will break. Or you could use a thicker gauge wire (which strangely has a smaller number), but even with that, I think there's a limited number of times you could do it before it looses all tensile strength.

7 comments:

Judy said...

Poor kitties! LOL Do yours pull the flowers out to drink from the containers even though there is fresh water in their bowl? Drives me crazy!

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

Brilliant! My cat likes to eat my flowers! I have rarely had fresh cut flowers in the ten years she has lived with us. I miss them, but I got tired of finding bite marks (and they make her sick). I'm sure she would find a way to get them off the wall or I would try that.
Since you asked, here is my blog address: http://blog.funmama.net

FinnyKnits said...

Cute! Though my Oldie Hawn kitty can't jump up high enough to bother any vases at this point, so I'll just use this for style points ;)

Tova said...

I think if my cats could read they would view this as a challenge....

Jessica said...

I love those! We have three cats...so I completely understand where you're coming from! :)

jacqui said...

This is a really cool idea...I like the way you think!

said...

Kitty good