"Anyone that doesn't agree with leggings as pants can physically fight me.
And I'm going to win because I have a full range of motion due to the fact that I am wearing leggings as pants."

Friday, August 22, 2008

My Cornfield

Jeff: The garden's looking pretty good. Pick anything lately?

Me: No, I'm not sure how you know when the corn is ready.

Jeff: The button pops out.

P8220024

And here is a photo of the smallest cornfield ever.

P8220025

Impressive, huh? Those things are like four feet tall. Luckily I don't have to worry about any children living in my corn.

So that's good.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I wonder if that movie would still scare (or more accurately terrify) me as an adult...

knittinandnoodlin said...

Yes, but you may still have to worry about crop circles!

ib mommy said...

I made my kids watch the movie with me before we went to the pick your own cornfield. I remember how much it scared the poop out of me when I was in high school. They thought it was hilarious..... they ended up on separate rows hollering "Buuuuuuuurt....... Joooooooobiiiiiii........"

Angeleen said...

My two rows of 7' stalks would terrify you! LOL!

The answer to your harvest question: When the silk turns brown. That's when you peel back a small bit of husk and check it. If the kernels are the size you like, pick em! If they're still too small, fold the husk back down and wait another day or three.

It's just that easy! ;)

Hope you're having a wonderful Monday, Wen! xoxo