"Anyone that doesn't agree with leggings as pants can physically fight me.
And I'm going to win because I have a full range of motion due to the fact that I am wearing leggings as pants."

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tricot du Coeur

Back in November, I joined up with Tricot du coeur as both a sponsor and a participant.

1264826328_223ebfb9ae_o
(This is a sample of what I'm donating as a sponsor, though I haven't finished what I'm donating as a participant.)

Tricot du coeur is working to make blankets for Victory Junction, which provides a camp environment for kids with chronic medical conditions, such as arthritis, asthma, cancer, epilepsy, hemophilia, immunology deficiencies/HIV, sickle cell disease, spina bifida, gastrointestinal disease, heart disease, kidney disease, liver disease, neurological disease, skin disease, burn survivors, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, autism, craniofacial anomalies, physical disabilities, kids on vents, transverse myelitis.

The kids get to take home the blankets at the end of their time at the camp, so Victory Junction obviously needs many of them. They could use either quilts or afghans (quilted or crocheted). The necessary dimensions are here. They also ask that the blankets be made in bright colors and from yarn that can easily go through the washing machine.

If you want to qualify to win some super prizes, leave a comment over at Tricot du coeur, make one blanket (or 5) and send it to...

Blanket Project
2505 Caralea Valley Drive
Concord, NC, 28027

The shipping due date is March 30th. My guess is that you should include your name and email in the package so they can contact you about the prizes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Wendy,

I just discovered your blog and have a few things to say and a question or two as well.

First, nice pic on this post! Looks like a great way to sell your stuff. Talk about eye candy.

2nd, your youtube post/link to the mashup freakin' slayed me (well, it slew me...for the grammatically correct among us)!

Third... I checked out your ETSY shop. I'm interested in your Yoni Scentual necklace. I saw that you have one with a lotus flower on it. And I also read that you make every one of them by hand. Does that mean that you could put a different flower in there? Say...a daisy?

4th... regarding your tags on 'deeper stuff' posts. whole lotta deeper stuff going on. recently, you commented on someone's blog about how she should consider the possibility that maybe we go through the 'seasons' of life, not necessarily in the order that 'the books' say we should...but we go through them when we actually should.

So that the lessons stick. Once and for all. And then we can go and live our lives with conviction and clarity, the way that we should have from the start... if we'd only known.

You couldn't have said it better (I am fellow 'out of season-er too, in case you didn't pick up on that) and she is very lucky to have you as a friend. It sounds like you are getting quite a bit of wisdom from the moon ;-)

Thanks, and well done,
Jinks