Joey and I just completed a bunch of headbands. I found the pattern at Altered Cloth and, really, it was a very simple project, which is why I decided to make 9 of them. Also, there's a decent amount of stretch to them, so they fit both of our heads, which is handy.
The reason for the headbands is that Jenny, Aurora and I have signed up for St. Baldrick's, an event that raises money to fight childhood cancer. We have all been growing our hair out since last summer in preparation for this. And, personally, my hair is getting a little out of control and in need of something to keep it out of my face.
This is how it works, all three of us will shave our head on March 14th (though we're not sure we'd be willing to do it for less than $500 each in donations... Hint, Hint). So, if you want to support a great cause as well as see lovely pictures of me with no hair, CLICK HERE and make me do it! We'll also be donating the hair they cut off to Locks of Love.
As it gets closer to March, I'll be doing a drawing in conjunction with this. Probably something like guessing how much all that hair weighs or the total length or something.
And, for a little behind-the-scenes action, here is a 'Making Of' collage.
Cause, you know, a photo that great requires some extensive set up. ;)