"Anyone that doesn't agree with leggings as pants can physically fight me.
And I'm going to win because I have a full range of motion due to the fact that I am wearing leggings as pants."

Monday, December 31, 2007

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Today SouleMama posted about the fact that her kids are busy making plans to be awake at midnight tonight.

It reminds me of New Year's Eve of 1999 when our kids had the same plan. Well, not so much Joey, but the 3 older kids were determined to see the beginning of 2000. They made us promise to wake them up before midnight if they fell asleep and we agreed.

All 3 of them were crashed on the couch and at about quarter til twelve, Jeff and his brother and I started trying to rouse them. They had only been asleep for an hour or so, but they were out.

Totally conked.

We would get one of them pulled to a sitting position, telling them that it was almost midnight and then start on the next one. I'd turn around and the first one would be sound asleep again, sometimes still sitting, sometimes already horizontal.

It was so funny. The three of us kept sitting the kids up, one by one. Each one would open their eyes, mumble something and then was back out. Jeff, Matt and I were laughing like crazy. It was like dealing with drunks.

This year, if anyone's going to need a wake up call at midnight, it'll be Jeff and I, not the houseful of teenagers that we now have.

IMG_3896
(Not that all these people live in our house; this is just the most recent picture I could find with all of our kids in it, just to show how grown up they are. So scary.)


Man, time is just blowin by way too quickly.

My goal for 2008 is to try to slow it down... just a bit.

I hope you all had a wonderful 2007 and good luck in 2008!



PS- The title is for Joey; she loves David Bowie's music.

No comments: