"Anyone that doesn't agree with leggings as pants can physically fight me.
And I'm going to win because I have a full range of motion due to the fact that I am wearing leggings as pants."

Monday, November 3, 2008

Winners and Another Carved Pumpkin

So, Deb was the first to guess the theme for the jack o lanterns... Stephen King movies. And Brenda was the first to correctly identify all the faces... the clown from IT, Stephen King himself, Sissy Spacek from Carrie and Jack Nicholson from The Shining. If you ladies could email me your addresses and your color choice (you can see all the available colors here), I'll get a necklace out to each of you.

Here's the final pumpkin that I carved up on Friday afternoon. I think this is my favorite, even though it's actually the one that looks the worst from up close.

PA310019

It's Johnny Depp from The Secret Window, a movie that, frankly, scared the bejeesus out of me. Mostly because I like to take naps. At least I *remember* liking naps, back when there were enough hours in the day.

I think the angle of the Pennywise pumpkin might have made it difficult to identify. Here's a different one.

PA310020

Oh and since I've had a couple of people ask, we didn't buy these patterns. We printed up super high contrast black and white pictures and carved from those.

I'm already thinking about what I want to do next year. Though I'll be restricting all internet searching to daylight hours.

----------------------

Related Posts
Kam-tastic
2007 10 04 056
Stephen King Pumpkins
DSC_4338.jpg
Crazed Self-Portrait Pumpkin
P9230008 copy2

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow! Thank you! I've never won anything before. Stephen King is my favorite author so I recognized the pumpkins right away except for Carrie. That one I kind of guessed on. They look great lit up too!

Gill - That British Woman said...

those are really neat, so different from the regular craved pumpkins.

Gill in Canada

. said...

Mostly because I'm a big 10 year old, I think I'll have to do this one next year. Although the leather straps might be a bit difficult to represent, the overall laughter (shock and awe?) should be worth it. Image on initial page is fine, but if you click through, the final image is definitely NSFW

http://stealth-homestead.blogspot.com/2008/11/rule-34-strikes-again.html