"Anyone that doesn't agree with leggings as pants can physically fight me.
And I'm going to win because I have a full range of motion due to the fact that I am wearing leggings as pants."

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Help Cure Childhood Cancer and Win Prizes! This Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!*

Come on, people, don't you wanna see us bald? I bet we'll look great! Or not. It's just something you can't predict. That's what's so exciting.

DSC_2706

If you go over to our page at St. Baldricks and make a donation (I really don't care whether you donate to me specifically or our team in general), several things will happen…

1- You will support a fantastic cause. They raise money (and awareness) to help cure childhood cancer.

2- You will get to see me, Jenny and Aurora bald. I'll even put up pictures of the shaving process which happens on the morning of March 14th.

3- You will most likely get to see pictures of Aurora crying. I can almost guarantee that she will; she does that whenever she gets really excited. And I know she's super stoked to be doing this. (I might cry too; we're an emotional bunch, ya know.)

Not enough incentive yet? Our tears aren't good enough for you? Is it prizes you want? OK, we can do that too.

4- For every $10 that you donate, you will be given one chance in a drawing for any one of my aromatherapy necklaces. So, if you donate $50, you'll get 5 chances. If you win you can choose from anything in my Etsy shop.

5- Anybody donating $100 or over, will be entered in a drawing to win a package deal from the 3 of us. The $100 donation prize includes all of the following…
  • a bag of pretty fabric grocery bags complete with sheer produce bags (and made specially by yours truly)
  • any one of Jenny's prints (up to 8x10)
  • any one item from either of Aurora's Etsy shops (Auroramae or Auroramae2).
(You'll get one chance for every $100 you donate.)

Them's a lot of prizes, people.

Also, feel free to give us a little blog love and post about this on your site. Special thanks to Aimee from Aimee's Petite Maison and Robyn from both Warm With Love and Craft & Found who've already done this. If you'd be willing to put a button on your sidebar, just email me and I'll send you the HTML code.

And for those of you that are totally and completely strapped for cash, but still want to join in the fun… whether you donate or not, we're having a contest to see who can accurately guess the weight of all of the hair that we'll be shaving off and donating to Locks of Love. Just put your guess (one per person) in the comments here or over at Aurora's site. The person that is closest will receive a set of Aurora's Upcycled Cork Stitch Stoppers so your knitting will never fall of your needles again. I've got several sets and they work beautifully!

Oh and one last thing… this weekend Jenny received a $2 donation from a 9-year-old, so there's absolutely no backing out now.


* OK, I admit that it won't be this Sunday. I just wanted to get your attention. It works for race car driving, doesn't it? (or is that just on the Simpsons?)

5 comments:

Kathi D said...

Kudos to you for helping to fight cancer! You are GREAT! Thank you!

Kathi D said...

I blogged you!

Idaho Locavore said...

Hats off to you ladies! Best of luck on the fundraising for a worthy cause.

Btw, are you planning to donate your cut hair to locks of love? If not, you might want to look into it. It would be a great way to get double the good from your sacrifices.

Wendy said...

Thanks, kathi d!

idaho locavore, yep we are planning to give it to Locks of Love. We're having a contest to see how much it all weighs.

Mandi said...

This is awesome amazing and wonderful!! I love it! I am doing the 3Day walk in August and I had toyed with the idea of shaving my head for it. When I saw this post, I asked my husband if he would be ok with this and he completely nixed the idea. Lol. But I'm going to post this on my blog and hopefully you'll get a lot of responses! Good luck with this and I can't wait to see the results!