"Anyone that doesn't agree with leggings as pants can physically fight me.
And I'm going to win because I have a full range of motion due to the fact that I am wearing leggings as pants."

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Update on Lasagna Gardening

I completely forgot to add an important link when I originally posted about Lasagna Gardening and I think it's so helpful that I'm doing another post on the same subject.

It's an article from Mother Earth News (I told you I loved them) called 8 Strategies for Better Garden Soil and although I did my front yard before I read it, it has some wonderful advice. I, myself, currently employ 6 of the 8 strategies that they suggest and it is so worth the effort, as you can see here...



This is a thoroughly composted area that I did the winter before last. Joey and I planted a bunch of bulbs there this spring. Because the soil is so gorgeous, it was super easy to do. Literally, you could just poke your finger into the ground and move the soil. It has the perfect texture and is the most beautiful color.

I also want to include the titles of two books that I've found especially helpful. They are Gaia's Garden: A Guide to Home-Scale Permaculture by Toby Hemenway and Lasagna Gardening: A New Layering System for Bountiful Gardens: No Digging, No Tilling, No Weeding, No Kidding! by Patricia Lanza.


Happy planting!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Key Words & Phrases-
Sheet Composting, Layered Composting, Lasagna Gardening

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting these links! I have terrible soil, very clay-like. I'm going to check out these articles!