"Anyone that doesn't agree with leggings as pants can physically fight me.
And I'm going to win because I have a full range of motion due to the fact that I am wearing leggings as pants."

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Three Columns From Two

You may have noticed that Wisdom of the Moon now has 3 columns instead of just 2.

It involved much more than changing a couple ones to zeros, but still, it wasn't that bad and I didn't cry once (mainly because I knew I had saved a backup copy of my code). I followed this tutorial at Tips for New Bloggers because it had instructions for changing the Minima template (which is what I use).

I changed the widths as follows...
Header-wrapper to 935
Outer-wrapper to 935
Main-wrapper to 510
each Sidebar-wrapper to 185
Footer to 935

Throughout the whole process I just kept repeating to myself the quote that I've got at the top of the blog,

For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.
-Aristotle


So, how does it look? Can all of you see the whole width without having to scroll to the right?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, I don't have to scroll but then again my screen is crazy big.

Carol ッ said...

Looks good on my screen also, like the 3-columns!

sunflowerchilde said...

I like it, and I can see all of it, but my screen (at least at work) is also crazy big.

Anonymous said...

I hope you'll take this in the constructive and un-mean way that it is meant, but I think it looks a little cramped. I like the spaciousness of the old two column layout much better.

On a good note, I believe the default resolution that most monitors come set at is 1024 x 768, so I set my res to that and the new layout just barely fits without scrolling.

Wendy said...

Thank you all for your thoughts.

Amy S, I really do appreciate the feedback. So thank you. And that's good to know about the default resolution.

And the reason for all of this is because I have some fun new stuff that I would like to get up in that third column. (It's not there yet, but it's coming.)

Anonymous said...

In the name of full disclosure, I am not 100% positive that that is now the default res. But if by chance it is still a ghastly 800 x 600 nothing much will fit anyway, so your probably pretty safe working with the 1024 in mind.