"Anyone that doesn't agree with leggings as pants can physically fight me.
And I'm going to win because I have a full range of motion due to the fact that I am wearing leggings as pants."

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

At Least Someone's Finishing Projects Around Here

Joey spent most of yesterday making this little guy. His name is Charles Pipsqueak.

P7280029

She started with a detailed plan and everything. The feet crack me up. I'm impressed that she even picked out the eyes and actually planned for them to be different sizes with different stitching.

scan0001 copy

I especially love the expanded view labeled with the materials.

scan0002 copy

Except for sewing him closed at the very end, she did every bit of this herself.

And, apparently, this is how you bring stuffies to life (with a burnt out lightbulb and a flashlight), which, I suppose, is much better than a kite and a thunderstorm.

P7280030

I guess it's never too early to start thinking about Halloween.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What patience. My eight year old is more about the finished project and usually rushes through everything. I would love for her to have the patience to make something like this sweet pumpkin.

Wendy said...

Until recently, Joey was the same way. I'm not sure what's changed, but there's really been an explosion of craft projects around here lately.

She seems to not get as frustrated, which is always good. I think the summer unschooling has finally kicked in.

Dyan said...

I love Halloween - never too early to start thinking about it. Mr. Pipsqueak is so much fun, so cool that she made a pattern and instructions and everything.
Dy

Pork with Bones said...

I adore Mr. Pipsqueak. I can't wait until my son's old enough for such projects. (The other day I invited him to participate in a collage-making session with me. He told me, "You do that, Mommy. You can do it by yourself.")