"Anyone that doesn't agree with leggings as pants can physically fight me.
And I'm going to win because I have a full range of motion due to the fact that I am wearing leggings as pants."

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Red Juice vs Strawberry Stains

I believe I mentioned the strawberry stains on Joey's Easter dress. I didn't get around to cleaning it until 5 days after Easter. (I know it's 5 days because that's what the date on the picture says. I love time stamping.) Anyway, I use Red Juice for stains like this. It works really well on food stains particularly, not greasy ones so much, but berries and curry and stuff like that.

P3280054
Strawberry stain

P3280056
Immediately (like 2 seconds) after using the concentrated Red Juice

P3280061
A few hours later (I just let it sit, didn't scrub or rinse or anything)

Once when Jeff had an impacted tooth, he got up in the middle of the night for an ice pack and came back to bed with what he thought was a bag of frozen corn (which normally works brilliantly, by the way). In the morning, though, I discovered a bag of blueberries melting onto our comforter. I forgave him because he was all hopped up on pain meds at the time. Besides, the Red Juice worked like a charm. Really. It just dissolved the stain over the course of about 24 hours.

The company that sells it is The Clean Team. You'll need to type "Red Juice" into the search box in the top left corner of that link if you want to see the Red Juice specifically.

The site says this about it... "To start with, the degreaser in Red Juice is made from user friendly and environmentally friendly seaweed, while the degreasers in most similar cleaners are derived from petrol-chemicals. Red Juice is all natural with ingredients such as soybean extracts, palm kernels, and palm oils. Red Juice is pH neutral, non toxic, unscented and completely biodegradable."

It's actually an all purpose cleaner and they sell it in bottles of concentrate, which I really like from an environmental perspective. One bottle of concentrate makes 20 bottles of cleaner, which saves a lot of plastic. Packaging and shipping water is pretty ridiculous, if you ask me.


2 comments:

Felicia said...

Hum, this Red Juice is sounding pretty magical.

Anonymous said...

I love freash fruit, ok all fruit and I am a slob. The best thing I have ever found for those kinds of stains is boiling water! I know it works on fresh stains but I don't know about set in stains. Just boil water(I just fill up my teapot) ,place item in sink or I like to use my empty dishdrainer. Pour boiling water directly on the item. I have used this method on most types of material. Sometimes it takes a couple times. Then wash like usual