"Anyone that doesn't agree with leggings as pants can physically fight me.
And I'm going to win because I have a full range of motion due to the fact that I am wearing leggings as pants."

Monday, November 19, 2007

A Few Random Things About Me- 1 thru 5

Sometimes when I write up posts, I find myself holding back a little because of the fear of offending. I thought twice before posting Daughters of Daughters because I just wasn't sure. But I received such a great response, it seems silly that I thought of not posting it. And I really am glad that so many of you liked that idea.

I do know that there's no way to please everyone, and really, that's the great thing about reading blogs; if you don't really like the person that you're reading, just move on. It self selects. And then again, there are the people you just click with. You just immediately feel like good friends. All this based solely on the words they choose to type into their blog. Weird, but kind of cool too.

So, in case you would like to know me a bit better, here's the first installation of "a few random things about me."

5- Pet Peeve- I hate it when someone stands in the way of, or in any way blocks, my mouse navigating arm when I'm on the computer. It just drives me nuts.

4- It is easier for me to remember my library card number than my social security number.

3- The smell of manure makes me smile. I guess because it reminds me of the rural-seeming, suburban neighborhood I grew up in. And because it means organic material for gardening. I doubt that my current neighbors on my not-at-all-rural street feel the same. Unsurprisingly, when I looked back through my pictures, I was able to find one of me shoveling it.

DSCF0005
(Using manure for sheet composting)

2- I talk so much that after an evening of hanging out with friends/family, I feel hung over whether I've drank alcohol or not. I assume it's from being dehydrated from having my mouth open all night.

1- As far as I know, I have never written LOL, mainly because I don't ever say 'Laugh Out Loud'. I do use BTW and WTF, along with LMAO (and occasionally LMFAO) because those are terms I actually use in the world beyond the internet. When I find something slightly funny, I write 'Heh'. But I think I would like to start two new ones… Snort (because that's how I laugh) and IPaL (for 'I Peed a Little' because that sometimes happens too). What do you think?

And in case you noticed the label for this post, it's because when I started to write up the "8 things about me" meme that goes around, I came up with many more. Once I saw a blog that had "101 things about me," but that seemed like an awful lot to read in one sitting. So, like most things in my life, I'm dragging it out. Watch for more to come (although I doubt I'll ever get to 8,452).

4 comments:

Angeleen said...

You so totally rock, Wendy.

I read Daughters of Daughters and I got chills. That is such a beautiful, personal, empowering idea. WOW!

I also LOVE the picture of you shoveling what I stomp through almost every day! I feel even closer to you now!!!

I do use LOL only because I have no idea how to spell the sound of laughter-propelled coffee shooting out my nose.

I know BTW and WTF but what do the others stand for? My brain isn't working them out. This is presumably due to the above mentioned coffee issue. Guess it never made it to my brain to wake it up.

Wendy said...

Angeleen,
LMAO is Laugh My Ass Off
LMFAO is Laugh My Fucking Ass Off for really, really funny shit.

So, do you need to have a plastic cover to protect your monitor from flying coffee?

Really great visual, BTW. :)

Angeleen said...

GAH!!!! Of COURSE! DOH!!

No plastic cover. I like to live on the edge...

I've got the "Duck (my head) and Cover (my mouth)" maneuver down to an art form, though. ;)

latisha said...

im stealing iPal. best one ever.