"Anyone that doesn't agree with leggings as pants can physically fight me.
And I'm going to win because I have a full range of motion due to the fact that I am wearing leggings as pants."

Friday, August 10, 2007

Because I'm a dork, that's why.

I took this picture before we patched up a hole in the wall. Look closely and you can see our sink, the faucet and even the hand soap. Hee Hee. I have no idea why this amuses me so much. I only know that it does.
P8050024
The hole was there because we were moving a phone jack from one side of the wall to the other during a recent kitchen project. Here are the before and after pictures of the project itself.

I spent 5 minutes trying to get a good picture of Jeff looking through the hole, but he wasn't as amused as I was and just wanted me to grab the wire he was trying to shove through to the other side.

The picture below is of one of our rainbarrels, something that I've become obsessed with in the last week (here and here are the posts). I think this obsession stems from the fact that we rarely have much rainfall here, and have had lots lately. This is something that makes me almost maniacally happy.

Really. You should hear me giggling every time I go out to check on the rainbarrels when it rains.

I was worried about the half-assed nature of these rainbarrels (specifically the complete lack of filter or cover to keep mosquitoes and debris out). So, to keep mosquitoes from breeding in them, I went and bought 20 feeder fish. For less than four dollars I was able to stock every single one of my tubs of water with fish.

P8100023

I'm not sure if this is a normal thing to do or not, but for some reason, these fish that now live in trash cans in my yard are way more interesting to me than the two that live in the tank in the family room.

Maybe I'm subconsciously pretending that I have 6 or 7 little ponds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am dorky like that too. i am always taking odd photos during our projects. :)

cute rain barrel ponds. i hope that you always have enough rain to keep your little fish happy.

kristin said...

just found your blog and i love the hole picture....maybe i am a dork too.

glad to have found you!

Breanna said...

I LOVE the fish!