"Anyone that doesn't agree with leggings as pants can physically fight me.
And I'm going to win because I have a full range of motion due to the fact that I am wearing leggings as pants."

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Trip to the Hospital

So, Jeff gave me a good excuse for procrastinating yesterday. I spent 5 hours in the emergency room with him. I won't go into the gory details, but suffice it to say, he scared the bajeesus out of me. Just his willingness to go to the hospital was cause for concern in my mind. Usually, he doesn't do doctors or hospitals without significant nagging on my part.

Thankfully, my wonderful sister was able to pack up her 7 month old and come right over when I called her at 6 in the morning. She got my daughter to school while I took Jeff to the hospital.

The best part about when I go to the hospital is that I tend to have mild anxiety attacks when I see blood and needles. Basically I just pass out. But, since I've had lots of experience with passing out, I'm very good at it. I know when it's coming and can usually get close to the ground before I completely lose consciousness. So, I spent a good amount of time sitting on the floor (having your knees raised up helps).

So, after lots of waiting and reading (luckily I remembered to bring a good book- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) and various tests, including an abdominal CAT scan, they decided that he has an Arteriovenous Malformation on his intestines. However, as I was looking on WebMD just now, I think that what they described sounded more like Angiodysplasia. Either way, he was released and told to take it easy for a few days.

So that's good.

No comments: