Some Gardening Benefits of Worm Castings
- Suppresses fungal diseases
- Increases drought resistance
- Contains high levels of water-soluble nutrients
- Contains essential nutrients, micro nutrients and trace minerals
- Reduced use of chemical fertilizers
- Improved soil structure, resulting in improved aeration as well as water retention capacity
- Organic and Non toxic- safe for plants, animals and humans!
- Odor free
- Studies show that plants fed with earthworm castings tend to repel white flies, aphids and spider mites.
- Contain high levels of beneficial bacteria and microbes, which help protect your plants from disease.
- Use them anywhere that needs fertilizing, houseplants, flowers, vegetables, trees and lawns
- Can be used to make compost tea, a liquid fertilizer that helps protect your plants from diseases as it fertilizes them.
Worm Composting (1)- Setting Up the Bed
Worm Composting (2)- Some Other Thoughts
Worm Composting (3)- Harvesting The Castings
Worm Composting (4)- Troubleshooting